Wednesday 30 October 2013

More on the Trunk, and a Scary Cat for Halloween

No, don't fall off your chair just because I'm posting again!  I know its only two days since my last post, but I have more to share with you.  It was very cold yesterday, but I managed to get outside to the shed.



Pete was also outside moving supplies from the woodpile to beside the basement door so that it is easily accessible when we want a fire.  All the wood in the shelter was culled from fallen trees from the ice storm back on April 12th, Pete has done a fabulous job of cutting and stacking it all.


Inside the shed the trunk was resting on Pete's workmate bench.


 

I know it looks pretty beaten up, but to me that gives it character.  I love it.  You may be able to see the at the bottom of the front in the middle there has been some damage.  The canvas has been compromised and the wood beneath is broken.  Once I've tidied up the interior I think we'll use some glue and a thin piece of wood to support the broken pieces of wood.  On the front where the canvas is torn we'll try glueing it, but if that is insufficient I have plenty of canvas and may replace the area.   


Here's a picture of the paper pasted to the inside.



Here is a close-up of the interior paper.  It is quite pretty, but it still has to go.



So I'm itching to get going with it, but I still need to make sure I'm stitching away as I have several Craft Fairs coming up.  Here is the latest addition to my menagerie.  I think with it being Halloween tomorrow it is quite appropriate to call him Scary Cat!  In the first picture you can see his fish skeleton tattoo.


The second picture shows his bitten ear and scarred face.


The final picture shows his broken tail, scarred back and again the tattoo.  What a character!

Have a happy day!

1 comment:

  1. Oohee... I wouldn't want to meet your cat in a dark alley! Trunk looks truly bashed up, but definitely has potential!

    ReplyDelete